I know, I know. What does living like a goddess have to do with the Super Bowl? Well, we girls of the Mediterranean love to host (and go to) parties. Since the Super Bowl is right around the corner, finger foods that look good, taste great and have a teeny bit of exotic flavors would be a hit. While the rest of the group are making wings, bean dip and getting gassy, check out this very easy cheese recipe that can be prepared in advance. So grab a beer (or glass of bubbles) and try noshing on these easy to make, but oh-so-goddess-tasting flavors.
- 2 packages of fresh Mozzarella
- 1 head of Italian parsley*, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, to
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Dried dill, to taste
- *Cumin, optional
- *Red pepper flakes, optional
*I MUCH prefer flat-leafed, Italian parsley over the curly, rubbery kind. Italian variety is easier to handle, manipulate and enjoys a stronger, cleaner taste. However, if all you have on hand is regular, curly parsley, feel free to use it. Alternatively, for a fresh taste, try fresh Cilantro!
Make this at least 8 hours prior to eating! Refrigeration allows all the flavors to be soaked up into the cheese.
- Cube Mozzarella into small, bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Wash, thinly slice the parsley and add to the bowl.
- Drizzle (heck, I coat) with EVOO.
- Add the spices and stir until all are well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Arrange on a large tray, scooping out all the olive oil and spices. Jab the cheese cubes with colorful toothpicks of your favorite team and ENJOY!
Goddess cheese should be made at least 8 hours in advance and stored in a refrigerator to allow all the flavors to seep in and mix together.
Do you have another simple party food that can turn ordinary items into something Goddess-worthy? If so, please share! We would love to hear from you!
Discover your Inner Aphrodite. . .