I’ve been writing articles for Live Like a Goddess for over a year now. The recurring comments I get when I teach a Mediterranean cooking class, give a speech, or write an article is . . . “I love the idea of a Mediterranean lifestyle, BUT I don’t really know how to apply it in my life.”
The other thing I always hear is “OMG, I would LOVE to go to the Mediterranean!”
Well, here’s your chance! Beginning Summer 2016 there will be a Live Like a Goddess Tour to get your Inner Goddess into full swing.
7 Days, 6 Night tour of Cyprus (the Mediterranean Island of Aphrodite)
July 30 – August 6, 2016
Merit Park Hotel is a 5-star, all-inclusive hotel, which includes 3 buffets per day, unlimited shelf drinks at any of the several beachside and poolside bars; beachside restaurant for salads, kebabs, pizzas; indoor bars; cappuccino, espresso and Turkish coffee bars, 24-hour Casino; daily ice cream socials; sushi snacks; and unlimited use of the spa center, including sauna, steam room and fitness center. The resort’s fabulous pool features a poolside bar, attentive staff bringing food and dinner and being next to the beach, guests can easily take part in the many water sports offered by the experienced staff.
Enjoy the Island of Aphrodite with your own (American/Cypriot) guide (me!) I have lived in Cyprus for over 8 years. I know the island inside, out, and will show you the very best of living like a Mediterranean goddess
Day 1: Welcome to Cyprus, transfers to and from hotel, settling in. Unpack, relax, swim, eat and play
Day 2: Introduction to Live Like a Goddess and the 5 Pillars of Goddess Living
- After breakfast, join us for private belly dancing classes on the beach
- Breakout group with LLG Founder Claudia Hanna to present overall healthier lifestyle guidelines, which are applied throughout the week.
- Eat, drink and be merry during the day: time off to acclimate and enjoy the hotel, accommodations and Mediterranean!
- Evening sunset cruise with 1 complimentary drink at 4 PM
- Optional: tandem paragliding excursions may be organized by the Hotel Concierge for a mid-day or early evening pick-up. Highly recommended! See the coast from new heights. Cost of tandem paragliding and transportation paid directly to paragliding company
Day 3: Day trip to ancient city of Famagusta – pack your bathing suits!
- After breakfast, pick up at 9:00 AM
- Visit Saint Barnabus Monastery and final resting spot http://stbarnabasny.org/who-was-st-barnabas.html
- Visit ancient Roman city of Salamis (http://www.bibleplaces.com/salamis-cyprus/)
- Walled City of Famagusta (Saint Nicholas’s Cathedral, The Othello tower, Djanboulat’s Bastion & Museum, Porta del Mare, Martinengo Bastion, the old Royal Palace, Namık Kemal Dungeon & Museum)
- Return to hotel in time for dinner (about 8:00 PM)
Day 4: Kyrenia Day and the authentic Farmer’s Market – bring some spending money this day to pick up souvenirs and amazing fruit and vegetables.
- After breakfast, pick up at 9:00 AM for a tour of the weekly farmers’ market. Buy fresh fruit, vegetables, bread, assortment of nuts and desserts
- Shopping tour of downtown Kyrenia for souvenirs
- Lunch at the Kyrenia Harbor of fresh fish and local Cypriot mezzes
- Return to hotel after lunch for swim, relaxation, dinner, downtime
- Feel free to try your luck at the hotel casino!
- Optional: scuba diving excursion may be organized by the Hotel Concierge for an afternoon pick-up. Additional fees paid directly to scuba company for pickup and service. Must be PADI and/or NAUI certified.
Day 5: Aphrodite’s Temple and Vineyards – pack your bathing suits!
- After breakfast, pick up from the hotel at 9:00 AM
- Visit and history of Aphrodite’s Rock (Petro tou Romiou), the birthplace of the Greek Goddess of Love and Beauty http://www.visitpafos.org.cy/petra_romiou.aspx
- Aphrodite’s Temple, the museum and shrine where the Goddess was adored and revered http://www.sacred-destinations.com/cyprus/paphos-sanctuary-of-aphrodite
- Lunch in the charming town of Platres in the Limassol region
- Visit vineyards for wine tasting Lambouri Vineyards http://lambouri.com
Day 6: Hotel, Yoga, Scrub-down in a Turkish Hammam, Relaxing day
- After a long day trekking through the fields where both Aphrodite and Cleopatra stepped, a day of relaxation and pampering is in order
- After breakfast, join us for a private yoga lesson on the beach
- A truly spectacular experience, the Turkish hammam was once the public bathhouse where people would gather to scrub off excess dirt and exfoliate dead skin. With a private room and personal assistant, the Turkish hammam is a relaxing, unforgettable experience.
- Get your “fal” on! Enjoy a cup of Greek coffee (size of an espresso cup) and get your “fortunes” read by an expert.
- Evening off to relax, eat, drink and be merry
Day 7: Final Day of Live Like a Goddess Tour
- Breakfast, pack and shuttle to the airport(s)
- PLEASE COME BACK AND VISIT CYPRUS AGAIN SOON!
Total Price for hotel, full board, transportation on the island, and all the activities listed above, including gratuity (excluding airfare): $1275 per person, based on double occupancy
Grab a friend and join me for an unforgettable trip this summer! For more information and to register for your own Live Like a Goddess Tour, email me email@example.com
Discover your Inner Aphrodite. . .